Saturday, October 5, 2013

CAMPAIGN QUESTIONS

Through the forums and newspapers, council candidates get asked a lot of questions.  These are my answers:

Campaign Question 2:

Why should I vote for you? (Seniors on the Bow forum.  90 sec response)

WHY YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR ME?  I always find this an awkward question to answer.  I could say experience. I could say my platform.  I could point out the achievements of the last 6 years.  I could say it’s my commitment to public engagement.

On Monday, I met with 4 of the grade 6 classes at Manachaban.  They asked a lot of good questions but I left them with one.  What makes a good politician?  Their teacher e-mailed me back their answers and they really inspired me.  I'll share the poem.

POLITICIAN

Politician
Open
Learn
Interested
Try
Intrigued
Care about the town
I help the town
Amazed
Never give up!
Why vote for me?    Vote for me because I commit to being the grade 6’s idea of a politician

1 comment:

  1. Hello Tara, Best of luck in the election today! I just wanted to let you know that it was my daughter who wrote that little poem! Proud Mama moment!! Jennilyn Robbie

    ReplyDelete